USAF075
USAF 5th Tactical Fighter Group
USAF075

Approx. 3.25"

The predecessor of the 5th wing was the 5th Tactical Fighter Group and was established in Jianqiao, Hangzhou, in 1936. It was assigned to the command of the Air Force Third Route Command in 1939 and stationed at Shuangliu, Sichuan Province. In 1943, it was assigned to the Chinese-American Composite Corps and stationed at Zhijiang, Hunan, and returned to station at Nanjing after victory over Japan in 1945. The Chinese-American Composite Corps was then dissolved and the unit was assigned to the command of the Air Force 1st Command Headquarters and stationed at Dajiaochang, Nanjing, and assigned to the command of the 4th Military Region Command Headquarters in 1946. In 1928, the wing was ordered to relocate from Nanjing to Taiwan and station at Taoyuan Air Force Base. In 1953, the reconnaissance squadron was assigned to the command to form the 5th Tactical Fighter Wing. In 1960, the wing was renamed as the 5th Composite Wing. In 1976, the wing was renamed as the Air Force 401st Tactical Composite Wing to present.

$4.99